Old 24-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Sacha

On 24/4/05 13:14, in article ,
"Dave Poole" wrote:

Charlie Pridham wrote:

I can't grow it out here (although I did try!) and a friend at the Old
Rectory, Marizion. which overlooks St Michaels mount can't either, we have
concluded that it copes with cold (about-4c) but not damp air at the same
time. Wonderful in a cold greenhouse though.

I think it is worth a shot here Charlie - winter mins here are no
lower than minus 2C - and then only very occasionally for an hour or
so time. The spot I've got ear-marked has a seedling Clivia growing,
which has been there since it was 12 months old (a daft experiment
that worked) and a 'Christmas cactus' [Schlumbergera x buckleyi] ,
which has just finished flowering so temperatures aren't a problem.
We don't get anywhere near the amount of rainfall that you get down
there either so I'm reasonably confident it will be OK.

Thanks for the mench about Tregrehan (Lonicera hildebrandiana) btw.
I'll give them a call and see if they have any available or whether
they can point me in the right direction.

These people have it listed, too - Shrubland Park Nursery in Suffolk:
http://www.spnurseries.co.uk/mail%20order.htm
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)