Old 24-04-2005, 03:57 PM
David Bockman

"Airkings" wrote in
. net:

I have some low spots in my yard that I'd like to fill in for safety
purposes. They are grass-covered, so I'm wondering how I can fill them
in and still preserve the grass? Is it possible to "peel back" the
grass, and throw some black dirt in underneath? Any advice, ideas?
Thanks!

The easiest way is to (using a sharp spade) cut an 'X' through the turf
above the low spot. You can then peel back the turf and fill in with good
topsoil until it's level-- actually, I mound it just a tad as it almost
always settles a bit in the weeks afterwards.

Dave