Old 24-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Garry Nixon

"Mike" wrote in message
Faster and stronger than you think. I would suggest that you trim them to
about 18 inches the first year to encourage thicker growth lower down, the
trim "about" 12 inches higher each year. Watch the thickness. Keep them to
"about" 12 inches thick first year and the no more than 24 inches over the
next 4 - 5 years. Determine how high you want them overall and keep them
trimmed twice a year.

I had a field a few years ago and they were a problem to keep trimmed by
hand. I now have them down one side of the garden and have a man to 'do
them' for me.

Mike

Excellent! Quicker the better. How long to about 7' then?

Garry