Old 25-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Mook23

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
.. .
If such an intergeneric cross were possible, it most certainly would have
been done long ago in Pre-Columbian times.

Since there is no such thing as a Capsicum X Lycopersicon hybrid, you
figure out whether it is possible or not. Simply crossing the two plants
won't work.

You would need to employ sophisticated gene splicing techniques that
probably would NOT get FDA approval!!!!

Well, seeing as how very few of the wild species that existed in
pre-columbian times still exist, and that the fruit we currently enjoy as
tomatos bear little resemblence to the orriginal wild species, I wouldn't
dismiss it out of hand just yet. We shall see.