Old 25-04-2005, 01:57 PM
William R. Watt

enigma ) writes:

all my butternuts have canker, so i don't think i can
propagate them.

the cankers are localized.
should be okay to propagate from uninfected limbs.
I'm attempting to propagate wild trees on public land as a hobby.

I attended the ECSONG initial nut tree festival here in Ottawa in January.
There was an interesting presentation on butternut research in the former
Soviet union by a researcher who now works for Agriculuture Canada. Hope
the festival becomes an annual event.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm