Old 25-04-2005, 02:54 PM

I think getting cuttings from those perfect bushes at the neighbors would be a great
way of getting the "right stuff". either with permission or late, late at night in
dark clothing... LOL. INgrid

Mark Anderson wrote:

In article says...
Do these bushes require full sun ???

For awhile I thought that in order to bloom they needed a lot of sun. In
the spring when I walked around the neighborhood, so many Forsythias had
huge clumps of flowers while mine struggled with 2 or 3 on a couple of
branches. My Forsythia is located on the north side of the building and
although it may get some early morning sun, in mid April, it doesn't get
full sun until around 2pm till sunset around 7:30pm. Last year I took
cuttings (and these bushes are extremely easy to grow from cuttings) and
started 3 more bushes in better locations for spring sun. Although,
after just leaving the bush be, this year it had the most flowers and I
think next year it might have even more. I made some room for it to grow
some more so I'm just leaving it alone.

Some people in my neighborhood have these bushes that look perfectly
groomed and still fill the entire bush with bunches of flowers each
spring. I don't know how they manage that.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/puregold/
WEBSITE AT: http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/home.html
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE