Old 25-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Toni

"Bro Jack" wrote in message
How many months do you need to mow your lawn in Florida? Do you mow
in Dec., Jan., and/or Feb.? I assume it depends on your exact
location.

Depends on how much rain we receive.
In the coolish dry season (Dec/Jan/Feb/March) we mow around every two weeks,
although oftener makes for a better looking lawn. In the warm dry season
(Apr/May/June) we mow every week. During the height of the rainy season we
often mow twice a week. I have St. Augustine turfgrass, and I like it to
look manicured.

Folks with no supplemental irrigation will sometimes go much longer without
mowing, but their lawns are crispy and brown.
I prefer to keep things nicer looking than that, but everyone sees things
differently. Those crispy brown lawns green up fairly quickly once the rain
comes, much to the dismay of those like me who fight all winter to keep ours
decent looking.

--
Toni
South Florida USA