Old 25-04-2005, 02:11 PM
David

I always hear of bright green algae in the pond NGs and forums, but I
have never seen this one. It seems like a whole 'nother animal. How
common is it, and does anyone know the water parameters and/or
locations that encourage it? (I am enquiring for a friend who thinks
he may have something similar.)
Thank you very much,
David

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:59:44 GMT, " Ron Lawrence KC4YOY"
wrote:

It's substrate algae, this is probably not spelled right.
It's good stuff, don't try to clean it off.

Ron in NC

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote in message
t...
Our cement pond runs a steady coat of dark black/bule algae that nicely
hides all colors. People have named it from time to time. Can anyone
help us out?

Thanks

Jim