Old 25-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Elaine T

David J. Braunegg wrote:
Is there a FAQ for planting an aquarium? I've added some plants to my
1.5-year old, 10-gallon aquarium (Anubias, Cryptocoryne, and Valisneria),
but now I am wondering if I should be changing my setup. My biggest
question right now regards substrate: Do I need to replace my gravel
(brightly-colored Estes Ultrastone that the kids picked out) with something
else? I've been tempted to change over to natural gravel for the looks (if
I can get the kids bought into it), but if I am going to go to the trouble
of pulling all the gravel and replacing it, I'd like to get it right and not
have to do it again.

I'm willing to do some reading, but haven't found a website that really
explains the "how-to's" and "do's and don't's" of planted aquariums.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Dave

Faqs are at http://faq.thekrib.com. You'll want the plant tank FAQs.

--