Old 25-04-2005, 06:40 PM
JimS.

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.8d99f5524773ce7f04513657d3e76e3c @1114209348.nulluser.com...
The winner is:

Distant Drums, the own-root planted two in a hole, beating the
grafted one which only has buds. Second is the potted Scentimental,
beating the one in the ground. A very close third is Mutabilis,
which is now a 10 ft X 10 ft round shrub.

Budding roses: Don Juan, Sombrueil, New Day, White Lightnin',
Margaret Merrill, All That Jazz, Happy Child, Arizona, Heart
O' Gold, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, Abraham Darby, Granada,
Rio Samba, Radio Times, Christian Dior, Full Sail, Pat Austin,
Penelope, Golden Celebration, Tineke, Great Century, Europeana,
the raspbery-scented Sonia Rykiel, Touch of Class, Ink Spots,
Antigua, Mr. Lincoln, Tradescant, Tropical Sunset, Joseph's Coat,
and the lovely mini Over the Rainbow. There may be more.

I got my first full bloom this weekend. We're a couple of weeks ahead of
ourselves this year to our practically non-existent winter in Seattle this
year. Almost all of mine have buds now and I'm sure a bunch will pop before
the week is up.

I was shocked to see what was my first bloom-- Joseph's Coat. I really like
this rose and it has some beautiful colors, but it's close to being slowest
growing plant. Not exactly a huge grower, so it was quite a shock to see it
put out a beautiful, bright bloom already. The rest aren't far behind
either.

JimS.
Seattle