Old 25-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Bonnie NJ

Isn't it wonderful to be able to watch an event like this and not have to
mourn the loss of a fish! I once had
a hawk bathe in my pond - I watched in awe! Usually they take birds from
the nearby feeders :-(.

--
Bonnie
NJ
"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Glanced out the window yesterday just as a red-tailed hawk landed on
my back fence.

It looked around a bit, very interested in the pond, then suddenly it
swooped down and hit the water with it's talons, apparently missed
what it was aiming for, as it's talons were empty as it overshot and
landed on one of the boulders at the water's edge.

Knowing that boulder rather intimately, I used it as a guage to
guesstimate the hawk at about 24 inches high.

After staying there for a couple of minutes, it flew away.

Don't know if it was after one of the fish, or one of the 2 bullfrogs
I have right now, but something got lucky!

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." -
Lily Tomlin