Old 23-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Tiger303
writes

Janet,

I've bought an jasmin officinale argenteovariegatum last year and when
it flowered late june/july it was lovely, but the flowering period was
quite short and someone correctly or incorrectly told me with regular
feeding you can keep the flowring for the rest of the summer.

Whats your view on this? is it a bit like greedy clemtais give a good
bonmeal feed at start of season and then a tomato liquid feed every two
weeks?

thanks 4 your help!

Matt

Well feeding helps but only on the amount of growth etc. The flowers
won't last any longer though mine last at least a few weeks so not sure
whether you think that's short or not. You could combine it with another
climber but generally jasmine is quite twiggy and getting anything else
in amongst the growth would be tricky!

Stephanese is much more lax but mine doesn't have the same impact as the
officinale mainly because the perfume from the officinale knocks your
socks off from about 50 feet away.
Janet
--
Janet Tweedy