Old 26-04-2005, 08:33 PM
George

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
George wrote:

Now, my
goldfish haven't spawned yet this year as far as I know. They spawned
last year at about this time of year or maybe a little later, and it took
the surviving fry all summer to reach the size of this one. Where it came
from is a mystery.
I haven't seen any others in the pond. last years' brood are about 3
times the size of this one.

If they spawned once, I'd be _really_ surprised if they didn't spawn again -
you just missed it. This one is left from a later spawning. There's
probably even smaller ones you haven't noticed yet.
--
derek

Well, I won't know for sure about that until I dismantle the rocks around the
filter, which is under the waterfall (all of it is in the pond), and that won't
happen until the weather cooperates. I'll keep everyone posted. If they
spawned, they did it very early when the water was still very cold. Looks like
we might get a break in the weather tomorrow.