Old 27-04-2005, 03:23 AM
Koitoy Koitoy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Hi all. Well, I was feeding my fish today and noticed that there was a little
munchkin lurking about in the mid-level of the pond. I kneeled down to get a
closer look and discovered that it is a goldfish (just now starting to change
color from its baby black) fingerling about 1 1/2 - 2 inches long. Now, my
goldfish haven't spawned yet this year as far as I know. They spawned last year
at about this time of year or maybe a little later, and it took the surviving
fry all summer to reach the size of this one. Where it came from is a mystery.
I haven't seen any others in the pond. last years' brood are about 3 times the
size of this one. He appears to be healthy. I checked all the typical hiding
places that the fry congregated in last year, and found nothing. This one has
apparently be in there for a little while, as it is swimming with the rest like
it belonged. Strange goings on down in the deeps!

~George~

Here is a quicktime movie of my albino cat being fed (from last year - he's much
bigger now).

http://home.insightbb.com/~jryates/catfish_eating.MOV
No doubt about it- hanky panky in the pond. lol I found a newbie Koi among my roughly 100 still black goldfish. He was about an inch long- white with a big red polka dot on his back. I had to look twice. First baby Koi in this pond.