Old 27-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Charlie Pridham

"cNp" wrote in message
Hi,

I have recently built a fence, 7 posts, six 3m sections, using posts,

arris
rails, gravel boards and feather edge boards.

Now given that the standard UK length for arris rails is 3m (So I read)

how
come I seem to draw a complete blank on getting anyone to make up some 3m
trellis for me?

Additionally I don't seem to be able to get anywhere to supply 1inch by

1/2
inch wood in 3m lengths for me to make my own.

Any ideas? Company names (I live in Berkshire and have phoned round a few
already).

Chris

Try tanalised roof battens the 1x1.5" section sort are fine for trellising
(I use the even larger 2x1), you can get it from any builders merchants.
(use non ferrous screws, not nails when making it up)
Thinner wood looks ok when on its own but wont take the weight and windage
of a covered trellis

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk