Old 28-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Given the extraordinary amount of pollution produced by small engines,
you'd think that cat converters would be more common by now. I believe
there's US legislation requiring serious reduction in pollution in new
machines by 2007, but I'm not sure. My research did turn up lobbying
efforts by Briggs and Straton to defeat such legislation in California
a few years back - way to lead us forward, B&S!

I'm sure it will come. I [pollute more cutting my grass that my drive to
work each day.

Biggest problem I see is cost. Gone will be the $89 weed trimmer and $99
chain saw.

Auto industry fought it too, but turns out we have many side benefits.
Leaded gas is gone along with spark plugs that fouled in 10,000 miles or
less, and oil changes every 1000 miles.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/