Old 28-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Post a picture of it in bloom.

Guessing is a waste of time.

"SedumQueen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Presley, I didn't see the link you were referring to. Please post
again.

I have researched the dracaenas before, but don't think this is what I
have. The adult plant pictured was growing at my grandmother's house
in Illinois and was very heavily fertilized with fish emulsion. The
babies are at my place in the southern US and are probably close to 10
years old. The mother plant produces offsets along it's "trunk" and
the bloom looks different than any of the dracaenas pictured on the
internet. The trunk is very papery from where the previous leaves have
died off and the leaves are at least twice as long as the dracaena
fragrans.

Since the mother plant and babies are grown in different places, but
still look just alike, I don't think it's a matter of the plant looking
like this because it's badly grown. Does anyone else have a guess?