Old 28-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Bowhunter

Thank you for the replies....all good suggestions. Yes I bought the
fish from an indoor tank. I asked the owner about the temp change
being a problem before I bought the fish and he said it would not be a
problem as long as you float the fish and add pond water every so
often, which I did. I did not use and adhesives when constructing the
pond and no detergents could have got in the pond. ( I filled with
garden hose that I've had for several years) Also there can't be any
runoff of rain water in the pond. The edge of the pond is raised
pretty good and the liner is draped over with at least 1 1/2 foot
overhang. Of the suggestions the only thing I did not do was fill and
empty the pond first. It was a brand new rubber liner that i just
filled so maybe that is the problem.
The fish seemed to just lay at the bottom of the pond. The first day
they were active and swimming all around. The second and 3rd day just
sitting at the bottom, not really moving around much.