Old 28-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Phisherman

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:13:05 -0400, "JackRabbit"
wrote:

Got the results yesterday from UMass. They say I need to apply a fertilizer
that has a breakdown of 20-3-12 at 5lbs per 1000 sq ft. I have no idea
where to get this.

An alternative was to apply 2lb of P, 2lb of K, and 1 lb of nitrogen. If I
can't find the mixture above, what would I buy at the HD or garden shop to
accomplish this mix.

Thanks for your time. My lawn looks like hell.

Your best bet is call around locally. Most lawns will benefit by
applications of organic material and mulching which returns nitrogen
to the soil. Organic fertilizers contain trace elements. If you use
inorganic fertilizers, use slow-release products and/or apply in
several applications spaced a month apart. Lawn fertilizers applied
in the fall are much more effective, so don't miss that. Lawn take
many months to restore, so you'll need patience too. Using a
fertilizer wil a low middle number should work well. Have the soil
tested again in 12 months.