Old 28-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Don S

In article , "Jared Richardson" wrote:
My wife and I are also big fans of German Johnson tomatoes... the fruit is
large and tastes great... the only downside is that the plants get 6 to 8
feet tall. You have to stake them pretty well, but that's all they really
need. I fertilize from time to time (when I remember to do it) but that's
all the maintenance they get.

As has been noted on the ng, concrete reinforcing wire makes excellent tomato
cages. I usually count ~15 squares to get a 3+ foot diameter cage. Cut with
bolt cutters, and have large slip joint or lineman pliers to bend.