Old 29-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Celtic_Wanderer

I added five or so plants before I added any fish to my tank. I than added
two platys to my tank to cycle it. It's been a month and half and I have
not had any problems. As a matter of fact, I never had any trace of
ammonia, nitrates or nitrites.

I now have a dozen or so plants and twenty fish and everyone is doing great.
I have read that in a planted tank the cycling process is different and that
you may never see traces of ammonia, nitrates or nitrites because the plant
absorb it before they reach measurable levels.

--
Celtic Wanderer
http://home.comcast.net/~Celtic_wanderer

"Connie" wrote in message
Can you cycle with plants in the tank...??? Can they make it through the
high amonia spikes?