Old 29-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One of our great plans for moving to the country was to develop our property into part grand English type park and part natural area to promote native flora and fauna.

Well it seems that the native fauna has their own ideas for our property and we have all but abandoned any hope of realizing our goals.

js
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Hi JS
I noticed that you asked for a list of plants that deer don't eat at your site. This should be helpful, but I'm sure you know that if they're hungry enough, there's no stopping them.
http://www.lotf.com/misc/deer/deer.htm
http://www.havahart.com/nuisance/deer/plants.htm
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/hortcult...u/resistan.htm

You might also find this deer fence helpful.
http://www.bennersgardens.com/

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.