Old 29-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Sacha

On 29/4/05 15:10, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

This is the claim for a Camellia japonica in the Pillnitz Gardens near
Dresden. A customer has sent us a pic because he thinks an unidentified
Camellia we have is the same one. But the story is fascinating - four
specimens were sent to Europe to Kew & The Paris Botanic Garden but this in
Dresden is the only one to survive. The Dresden Camellia has a special
greenhouse which is wheeled over this very large shrub every winter to
ensure its survival and it's *huge* - very impressive arrangement.

I want one of those greenhouses, wheeled out to cover the whole
garden in winter.

Janet.

I'm fascinated by it - it's a fabulous idea!