Old 29-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Victoria Clare

Kay wrote in
:

In article ,
Trevor Appleton writes
I meant to post this when I received my 100 busy lizzy plugs three
weeks ago.

Last year I got them at the same time and planted them in 3 inch pots
in mult pupose with a little slow release (as I have done this year),
and they just sat there for weeks on end and never moved. It was well
into summer before some of them eventualy grew away healthily and
spectaculalry whilst a few just withereds up and died.

Looks like the same things happening this year. Where am I going
wrong.

Maybe nowhere. I'd expect them to apparently sit still for a while
until they establish a good root system.

Mine taken from cuttings late last year are growing away like good 'uns in
the greenhouse and I've just taken a set of cuttings from them that are
already rooting.

My guesses:
a) they were grown in perfect conditions where they came from, and your
greenhouse is colder and has given them a shock.

b) they are busy lizzies, aren't they - not something tenderer like new
guinea impatiens ?

c) Assuming they are busy lizzies, maybe you have a particular tender
cultivar? Try another supplier.

Victoria

--
gardening on a north-facing hill