Old 29-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Mike Lyle

Sacha wrote:
On 29/4/05 14:53, in article , "Mike
Lyle" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

snip
The
Dresden Camellia has a special greenhouse which is wheeled over

this
very large shrub every winter to ensure its survival and it's

*huge*
- very impressive arrangement.

Three not very good pictures:
http://camellia.de/pillsta.htm

And with the house in place, with people for scale:

http://www.dresden-pictures.com/dd/b...00228gross.jpg

The flowers look like this:
http://www.kamelien.de/link.htm

Thanks for doing that, Mike. The customer sent us pics but I

hadn't
gone looking around for more.

It was my awed pleasure. I meant to mention that one of the sites I
found reckons the thing puts out 35,000 flowers at a time. A
must-see, I think.

The garden is called "English-style" in German, the place houses a
horticultural college (which is promising), and it only costs a euro
to get in. I do hope some urgler will tell us about it soon.

--
Mike.