Old 29-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Mike Lyle

davek wrote:
"CK" wrote in message
Hi DaveK,

Thank you for your response.

We got a digital box, my husband said it is the Freeview.

However,
when we set the TV channels, BBC Two had not been shown. My

husband
pays only the TV license but not subscribing to any other TV
services.

Diabolical innit? 'Freeview' then they invent a scheme where you

have
to pay again.
Other possibilities:
a: Get a friend in England to record on tape or dvd and send it to
you.(Aldi selling dvd recorder this week at £109. Works too).
b: TV card in your pc,-if you have broadband.
c: Move house.

Dyna trieni! But in some parts of Wales you can tune a spare channel
to one of the transmitters intended for parts of England. Friends
annoyed me considerably when I lived in W Wales because they could
get both S4C and Channel 4, while I couldn't because I lived on the
other side of the hill. Aber seems like a bad place for that kind of
trick, because of the mountains, and your aerial's probably aligned
wrongly for it, but it would be worth fiddling round on a spare
channel just to see if you can get an English flavour of BBC2.

--
Mike.