Old 30-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Lyn Levy

TomKan wrote:
Are there any blooms that are black?? I've purchased some plants that
claim the bloom is black, but they're not. So, does anyone know of any
flowers that are close enough to being black to be named as being
black??

I planted a black and white garden and found the same concern! Black
usually means purple. However, I did find black pansies that were truly
black, a black annual poppy that is really as close to black as I've
seen...there are some truly black iris varieties....There are a couple
of varieties of hellebore that are true black and quite stunning! Good luck,
Lyn