Old 30-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Kristen,

Go to several of the water gardening sites and/or businesses on the web for
ponds that sell lilies and they usually have some lilies that will tolerate
sharde. This means that they will bloom with less light, but they will
still not bloom as profusly if they had the proper light hours.

Tom L.L.
"kc" wrote in message
news
I've seen posts for this before but can't find them now...I have a pond
that I never realized (until I brought home a solar floating light and
really looked at my sunlight source) is really mostly in shade...explains
why my water lilies never bloomed though I did get some blooms on my water
lettuce (or hyacinth, it may be called).
Does anyone know of some good water lilies or lotus for shade? And
excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between a water lily and a
lotus?
Thanks--
Kirsten