Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Kathy

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On 30 Apr 2005 09:39:39 -0700, "nortyler" wrote:

Thanks for the response. I gto an e-mail from the guy at Skippy saying
that The filter could handle 5000 gph.

Was that for the 100 gallon stock tank? Seem quite a lot of flow for that
size tank. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Now you have me wondering? My pond is 300 gallon, pump is for up to 1200
gph. Could my "green" problem be that even with the flow split in two, we
are still pushing too much too fast, and nothing has time to settle? I have
a oak barrel/skippy style and a P2 filter that will run 750 gallons a hour
both going, using a diverter. I am using quilt batting and it still comes
out of the filter green! How fine can algae be? I thought it was big stuff?
KathyAZ