Old 01-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Anne Lurie

Gary,

I suggest you look for "indeterminate" tomato plants which can be staked
successfully. Depending upon the garage wall, you might be able to get away
with tying the plants somehow to supports on the garage wall.

However, I'd be much more interested in how you restrained the pumpkins to a
2-foot wide space!!! (I confess I have never grown pumpkins, though!)

Keep us posted!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
OK, I have multiple hobbies, little time but want to make use of a 16
x 2 foot full-sun garden spot along the south wall of a garage.
Already bought a few pumpkin and cucumber seeds and want to stuff a
couple tomato plants in the middle. In the past this plot has been
home many zinnias, tall gladiliolas. I regularly put ground up leaves
and an occasional bag of manure on the plot.

Ideas? Tomatoes need to taste good, too! ;-)

Thanks,
Gary