Old 01-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Warren

starman wrote:
Here in northern Ohio, all of the the trees in this area still haven't
budded, and the ones that did have stunted, shriveled, discolored and
frostbitten leaves.

Temperatures the past month or so have been way below average, and the
area
was hit by a snowstorm just last week. Is it safe to say that the trees
are
dead for this season?

Not unless they were already stressed to the edge of death, and would have
been dead by the end of the year anyway.

This is hardly the first time northern Ohio had a late April snow storm, or
had colder than average temperatures in April. And it won't be the last.
It's just plain silly to think that a little bad weather in April is going
to kill the trees. If it wasn't bad enough to kill-off the people of Ohio,
it wasn't bad enough to kill-off the trees of Ohio. Those trees are far
hardier than you are.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Care for your landscape with Black and Decker cordless tools
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html