Old 02-05-2005, 03:06 AM
DD DDD

Default Pond Filter Pump Prefilter question...

I have a 1250 gph pump on the bottom of the small pond on a flat rock to
keep it 2 inches off the bottom. Anyways it then goes about 5 feet to a
(out of pond bio/mech filter) .. My question is: How do I keep from
having to clean the pump prefilter all the time? The outside filter is
so easy to clean. But the pump prefilter is a long job for me. Can I
take the pump prefilter off and get a 3 foot pvc pipe to fit it and
drill 1/8 0r 1/4 inch holes (about 200) in the pvc so I dont have to
clean the prefilter? I fiquired with 3 feet of pipe and 200 small holes
it would not jam with junk. Or is there another way? What good is a
prefilter if you have to clean it 2-3 times a week. I dont want to mess
up the impellor either though. Ok Im done. Thank you