Old 02-05-2005, 02:12 PM
michelestokes michelestokes is offline
Registered User

Default Peaty Soil - Help!

Sorry for cross-posting, but I'm desperate.

We have just bought a new property in Northern Ireland and the garden is causing us nightmares. The soil is very peaty and is black in colour. It also retains a lot of water, but has a tendancy to crust over in hotter weather.

At the moment the garden is a blank canvas as we have no idea what to do with it. We would like to plant a lawn and have some colour in the garden. Can anyone offer any advise on how to work with the garden and maybe any recommendations for lawn and plant types.

I can email pictures of the garden and soil to anyone who may be interested in helping.

Thanks in advance.