Old 02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
William W. Plummer

I've purchased quite a few seeds this year and started all my
vegetables and annuals from scratch. Much of these varieties are
hybrid type, especially the plants for hanging baskets. My question is
what will result if I cultivate seed from these hybrid plants to use
for next years crop??? Sure would be nice if it will work since I
spent about $150.00 in seed this year...thanks

Hybrids revert to previous generations and you will lose some of the
good traits. It hard to rip out volunteer tomatoes but whenever I keep
them, the results are usually very acidic and sometimes there is too
much pulp, etc.