Old 02-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Derek Broughton

In , on 04/28/05
at 07:53 PM, ~ jan JJsPond.us said:

The toads we have here in TN don't puff up when caught. They will
urinate on you though. McReel

So you're saying our toads have figured out the crows ploy? ~ jan

I still don't have any toads.

I didn't think I did either. At the head of our harbour, they've had spring
peepers now for over a week, but we don't have them on the coast, yet. But
last night when I took the dogs out for a walk I had to pick up a 6" toad
off the road. He seemed a bit cold and sluggish, and the road wasn't a
good spot to spend the night (though I'd almost certainly be the only
person to use it before noon today), so I put him in the ditch.
--
derek