Old 03-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Peter Demski

Mine do the same thing with the ends. I would suggest cutting the hornwort
just above where it splits(mine tends to spiderweb out). If yours likes
to grow in a straight piece you could just cut it up into 4x6" pieces and
you
will have a bunch of 2' pieces in no time. It's a great easy plant

Peter

"Elaine T" wrote in message
sophiefishstuff wrote:
In message , GraffixPhreak
-DONTEMAIL writes

Alright I know this is probably a simple answer, but I bought a hornwort
plant and it is large, probably over 2'. I was planning on clipping it
and growing them into new plants. I heard any piece of stem will grow
into a new plant. Is this true and are there any sort of restrictions to
viable stem?

anything small enough to get stuck in your filter might be a problem.
I've never come across the end of any piece of hornwort rotting, so in
theory I imagine anything would grow. In practice I don't think I'd go
smaller than an inch.

I have to say my main problem with hormwort is _not_ propagating it. I
think it have plans to take over the world, like a lanky, feathery
version of duckweed.

Must be nice! The ends of my hornwort rot and drop leaflets almost as
fast as the end grows. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__