Old 03-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Bear Drummer

Default newbie asking questions

Greetings from a newbie who wants to do it right...

I have inherited a few rootings (the rose rooted into the ground, and
Grandpa cut it from the plant, so I have at least a partial root
system), and since this is a "family" rose (it was brought here from
Georgia by my great grandma, who got a cutting from her mama... and now
I have a piece from my grandma).... so I want to do this rigt the first
time...

The facts"

I live in the mid/south Mississippi area 39406 zip...

We have a mostly sunny spot to plant it...

We live in a rather clay rich area at the bottom of the hills - we have
a plugged up ditch that almost never runs out of water, so there are
drainage issues.

The rooting has been sitting in the bucket for over a week now, while I
"discussed" a location to put it with my mother. - the location is at
the end of the driveway where it will have sun most of the day.

I have no idea which of my ideas are correct and which aren't - I am
still enough of a newbie to realize I do not know everything.

I would like advice as to how to plant this rose that my grandmother
calls a "Georgia Wild Rose", and keep it healthy.

Thanks...

Tony