Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 AM
DM

Thanks for all the replys. I cut some willow branches today to try it out.
-daim

"Tex John" wrote in
:

Any easilly-rooting willow...all you want are the hormones (if I
recall correctly) the easy-rooters have in abundance. Weeping Willows
can be hard to find around Austin, but Black Willows grow right next
to the Hackberries along every creek and drain around that doesn't get
mowed.

If you want to collect enough for a couple of batches, keep the unused
whips in a 5 gallon bucket of water. I've had them live through a
winter that way and come back in the spring after having been frozen.
Just watch out for mosquito larvae.

hth
John

"DM" wrote in message
I've read about using the water that cut up willow stems have been
soaking in for rooting other plants, has anyone had good results?
If so, does it depend on the type of willow?

Thanks in advance for any help
-daim