Old 03-05-2005, 04:27 PM
marko zuvela

40ml to 5000ml is 4:500, 1:125 100ml in 5l is 50:1 so 200ml in 5l is 25:1

"Peter Ryan" wrote in message
thanks mitch

"Mitch McCreath" wrote in message
news

"Peter Ryan" wrote in message

I have just bought a secondhand Victa lawnmower which goes fine.

However, could someone give me some help on the proper ratios for

mixing
in
two stroke oil with petrol.

The Victa website recommends 50:1 (50 parts unleaded fuel to 1 part

oil)
for
Victa's high performance "Formula V" oil, and 25:1 for other 2-stroke

oils.

Any advice or shortcuts will be appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

Peter,
The correct ratio is 25:1

( I have the serice manual for 2 stroke Victas)
(Has come in handy!!)

40 ml of a vegetable based oil to 5 litres of unleaded.

Easiest way to mix the oil.
When you go to get the can refilled you can buy a little container
of 2 stroke oil (40ml). Put that in the can then go add the petrol.
Done easy.

Regards,