Old 03-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Graeme

Default Mixing tomatoes with other plants

Hi,

I have a small garden so I am looking for ways to fit as many plants
together, but still want to give each plant what it needs. I have grown a
few tomato plants this year (Money Maker) and I am looking to now plant them
out. I have purchased 2 raised beds for 6 tomato plants, giving each plant
30cm of space as suggested.

I am wondering if it would do any harm to them if I also plant some
"Petunia - Easy Wave" plants in the same beds under the tomatoes. These are
trailing flowers so won't become tall or block light from the tomatoes. I
know they won't complement each like tomatoes and say carrots would but I
just want to make sure they won't do each other any harm.

Best Wishes,

Graeme