Old 03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Chris Hogg

On Mon, 2 May 2005 11:31:49 +0000 (UTC), "Cargo"
wrote:

Its easier if I show you a few pics of our Dwarf Rhode.

This year it has been very poor, in fact very ill, more like it.

Does anyone know the cause of this ailment.

Pics are 800 x 600 so take a little time to load...

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/rhodiproblem.htm

thanks
Don

Looks like 'Bow Bells' or similar williamsianum hybrid.

'Dwarf' is a relative term in rhododendrons; some can go to 6ft, but
'Bow Bells' is smaller than that, 3 - 4 ft IIRC. I'd go with JennyC
on the possible need for re-potting. Carefully knock it out of it's
pot and if the root-ball is a solid mass of roots, consider re-potting
in John Innes ericaceous compost.

Phosphorus deficiency causes reddish-purple blotches. The later stages
of nitrogen deficiency can produce reddish blotches on tips and
outside edges of leaves (but usually after they have gone rather
yellow-green). When did you last feed it? Use a feed suitable for
ericaceous plants, applied monthly.

--
Chris