Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Walter R.

Thank you.

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
.. .
That's spelled Aptenia.

Just use a metal blade edger. The more violent devices will rip to shreds.

http://www.mediterraneangardensociet...cordifolia.cfm

"Walter R." wrote in message
Living in Southern California and fighting Aptinia iceplant.

We replaced our lawn and the weekly mowing with several large areas of
aptinia. The trouble is, aptinia does not like to be confined. It grows
rapidly and overflows the walks and borders, making for a sloppy
appearance. The stuff grows about 12 inches tall.

What is the best power tool to trim iceplant? Hedge trimmer? Weed
whacker? String edger? Metal blade edger?

Is anyone else fighting this battle? Any advice appreciated!