Old 02-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Walter R.

Default How to trim Aptinia iceplant

Living in Southern California and fighting Aptinia iceplant.

We replaced our lawn and the weekly mowing with several large areas of
aptinia. The trouble is, aptinia does not like to be confined. It grows
rapidly and overflows the walks and borders, making for a sloppy appearance.
The stuff grows about 12 inches tall.

What is the best power tool to trim iceplant? Hedge trimmer? Weed whacker?
String edger? Metal blade edger?

Is anyone else fighting this battle? Any advice appreciated!

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

Old 03-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Cereus-validus.....

That's spelled Aptenia.

Just use a metal blade edger. The more violent devices will rip to shreds.

http://www.mediterraneangardensociet...cordifolia.cfm

Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Walter R.

Thank you.

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

.. .

"Walter R." wrote in message
Living in Southern California and fighting Aptinia iceplant.

We replaced our lawn and the weekly mowing with several large areas of
aptinia. The trouble is, aptinia does not like to be confined. It grows
rapidly and overflows the walks and borders, making for a sloppy
appearance. The stuff grows about 12 inches tall.

What is the best power tool to trim iceplant? Hedge trimmer? Weed
whacker? String edger? Metal blade edger?

Is anyone else fighting this battle? Any advice appreciated!

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

[IMG] code is On

best way to trim hemlock trees [email protected] Gardening 2 22-08-2003 11:22 PM
Trim a new redbud tree whit Texas 6 17-05-2003 02:56 AM
When to trim Live Oaks? bobwhite Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
When to trim a hedge? Paulus Maximus Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
when is it time to trim a hedge? Dawn Gardening 7 03-04-2003 01:32 AM