Old 04-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Dave

The message
from Dave contains these words:

I have two aerials in my loft, each pointing at a different transmitter,
and as a result I have one TV in the kitchen that receives one region
and the other in the lounge that receives another - so it is possible,
depending on reception. If the signal is week you can get more elaborate
aerials, but find someone who really knows about them.

Janet Baraclough writes
John fitted our two ariels into a multiplexer and an amplifier, if
you do that you can watch both regions in both rooms. Then the challenge
is finding anything worth watching on any of them, that hasn't been
repeated several times already.

Ah. There are technical reasons why I can't do that easily - one end of
the loft is above the single story kitchen and t'other is above the two-
story snug, and there is no easy link between the two. And I distribute
the Anglian stuff to several TV's though an amplifier. I suppose I could
get one which would distribute 2 feeds.... but then I might as well go
the whole hog and try and do freeview. The other 'technical' reason is
its quite useful to encourage my 2 teenage sons to watch London programs
elsewhere :-))
--
David