Old 04-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Mama Bear

"Snooze" wrote :

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
Richard wrote :

I'm not sure why you can't find all the rose groups on
yahoogroups. There are literally hundreds of them. Do you
know how to do searches?

Yes, and don't be condescending. If you search on "roses",
you'll get literally hundreds of groups, most of which have
nothing to do with rose growing. So I searched on rose
growing and found none.

More then just one. At least 34.

Please explain this to me, because I really don't understand
it. rec.garden.roses exists, people are already here, why did
you feel there was a need to create a yahoo group? Over the
years dozens of people have made similar in rec.gardens, and
rec.gardens.roses.

I've always felt this is like meeting up with your friends in
a restaurant, who are already seated and have ordered food,
and announcing "hey guys, I made reservations at a restaurant
across town, let's go there."

A search of "rose garden forum" yields 1.7 million hits.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=rose+garden+forum

Granted there are a lot of duplicates, some may be for
regional rose societies and some may not have anything to do
with roses. But still..I can't think of a reason to create one
more forum, can you?

As I explained, when I searched Yahoo Groups, I used the words
growing roses and found none. This group has never been helpful
to me, I've asked questions here before and never gotten good
answers.

--
- Mama Bear