Old 30-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Mama Bear

Default New group: Growing Roses

It's funny, I just looked and there was no specific rose growing
group yet on Yahoo, so I started one now:

I know how to grow roses organically and have grown them up to 7'
tall.

--
- Mama Bear

Old 03-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Mama Bear

Richard wrote :

I'm not sure why you can't find all the rose groups on
yahoogroups. There are literally hundreds of them. Do you
know how to do searches?

Yes, and don't be condescending. If you search on "roses", you'll
get literally hundreds of groups, most of which have nothing to
do with rose growing. So I searched on rose growing and found
none.

It turned out there was one called
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrowRoses/
but it didn't have the word "growing" in the description, so it
didn't show up.

--
- Mama Bear

Old 03-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Snooze

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
Richard wrote :

I'm not sure why you can't find all the rose groups on
yahoogroups. There are literally hundreds of them. Do you
know how to do searches?

Yes, and don't be condescending. If you search on "roses", you'll
get literally hundreds of groups, most of which have nothing to
do with rose growing. So I searched on rose growing and found
none.

More then just one. At least 34.

Please explain this to me, because I really don't understand it.
rec.garden.roses exists, people are already here, why did you feel there was
a need to create a yahoo group? Over the years dozens of people have made
similar in rec.gardens, and rec.gardens.roses.

I've always felt this is like meeting up with your friends in a restaurant,
who are already seated and have ordered food, and announcing "hey guys, I
made reservations at a restaurant across town, let's go there."

A search of "rose garden forum" yields 1.7 million hits.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=rose+garden+forum

Granted there are a lot of duplicates, some may be for regional rose
societies and some may not have anything to do with roses. But still..I
can't think of a reason to create one more forum, can you?

-S

Old 04-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Mama Bear

"Snooze" wrote :

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
Richard wrote :

[...]

As I explained, when I searched Yahoo Groups, I used the words
growing roses and found none. This group has never been helpful
to me, I've asked questions here before and never gotten good
answers.

--
- Mama Bear

Old 04-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Mama Bear

Richard wrote :

I'm not being condescending, If you knew how to do a search
the "right" way, you could pull the garden rose groups, and
them only. I tried to help you, sent you several meails
yesterday at your real address, and you just went into huff
mode. I didn't know you were so insecure.

It sounded like you were sacrastically asking if I knew how to do a
search.

I do, just not the exact same search that you did. Different minds
think of different search words to use. You obviously knew the
words to find the groups when I missed them. Whooppee for you.

--
- Mama Bear

Old 06-05-2005, 04:54 PM
dave weil

On Wed, 04 May 2005 16:51:05 -0500, Mama Bear
wrote:

As I explained, when I searched Yahoo Groups, I used the words
growing roses and found none. This group has never been helpful
to me, I've asked questions here before and never gotten good
answers.

Just out of curiousity, what questions did you ask here that didn't
receive a good answer? Did you post under a different name, 'cause
there doesn't seem to be a google record of you on this group. Maybe
you'd like to try again, because I usually find that good answers are
given all of the time.