Old 04-05-2005, 10:35 PM
kathy

I agree with Joe --- "Additionally, lets say the fish DO eat it ALL,
it's
still going to come out somewhere (I think this is the fifth law of
Physics,
conservation of crap, also found in government.)" ---- such a good
line
I had to post it again... ;-)

Anyway.
Following the one of the first rules of pond keeping -
smaller is harder to manage than bigger - that's where you
are going to run into problems. A real high biological load
for a small body of water.

Cleaning is going to be your biggest chore and I'd think
entirely on those lines.

In regular ponds bottom drains come in really handy for
cleaning. If you don't have one you end up draining the pond,
catching the fish and scooping the poop. (we do that but we
have two handy, dandy teenage boys)

I'm betting the folks are rec.herps will have some great solutions.
I have had turtles come in my large pond and they were no problem at
all. We run a 150 gallon stock tank filter for 3,000 gallons.
Very personable critters.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
new this week - turtles!