Old 04-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Doc Muhlbaier

The total difference in $$ can be substantial depending on the amount of
mulch. The people who deliver generally don't want to mess with less than
about 12 yards.

The last load I got (16 yards) netted out to about $18/cu yard (triple
ground hardwood). That compares to about $30 ($2.30/2 cu feet) from HD.

Doc Muhlbaier

"Don S" wrote in message
In article . duke.edu,

wrote:
So, is there anywhere in the area that has cheaper mulch than the Lowe's
options? Not that they're awfully expensive, but I may be looking at
acquiring a fair bit of it soon.

There are several companies in the area that can deliver by the truck

load.
You may want to do a Google search on this newsgroup for names that have

been
mentioned before.

As also been mentioned here before, there might not be a great price
difference between Lowes/HD and the bulk guys, on a per cu ft basis. With

the
bagged mulch, you don't have to shovel it into your wheelbarrow, and can

buy
it as needed. However, as I recently found out at HD, they can use

different
vendors. The last batch I bought was a different brand, with a different
texture (size of pieces) and color. After a few weeks in the sun/rain,

the
difference is not very noticeable.