Old 05-05-2005, 04:04 AM
Reel McKoi

"Terry" wrote in message
"john" I installed a kiddie pool in my box turtle enclosure in my yard,
with a small circulation pump and embankment so the turtles can get in and
out.

Seems like a lot of trouble for BOX turtles that are just going to cool

off
in the water. How many box turtles? how big is the pool?

I sometimes find a wild box turtle soaking in my small inground, un-netted
150 gallon pond. No problems with any stool they pass but then there is a
small filter and pump that also runs the small waterfall. I haven't seen
any harm done to the rosy reds or goldfish.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"To persevere in one's duty and