Old 05-05-2005, 04:44 AM
kathy

Dh typing here on
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As my wife said I used a stock tank and drilled holes just below the
lip. You can get the drill bits in just about any size. I used a 2"
"hole saw" bit. The "pipes" I installed are called bulk head fittings.
The number of fittings I used was just by experiment. I started with
three and found out that this was not enough when the water from the
pump overflowed the stock tank. So I cut two more holes. The falls I
made are just a wide stream. About 6 feet wide with a two foot drop
over a four foot run. After I built up the dirt I laid the liner on the
dirt. Starting from the lower pond I laid a course of large flat rocks
across the bottom of the falls. I then laid the next course with a
small overlap on the first course. The process was repeated untill I
reached the top. I then used insulating foam (the type I used was made
not to expand too much) to fill in the gaps between the rocks. After
the foam had dried a short time I knocked off any foam that was
sticking out too much and sprinkled sand to camouflage the foam. I then
put small rocks around to driect the flow of water where I wanted.